Sautéed Dijon Leeks
Yield: 2-3 servings
• 1 Tbsp SunCoco oil
• 1 Tbsp butter
• 2 medium leeks, both cut vertically to create four halves
• 1 heaping Tbsp Country Dijon
• 1 tsp veggie bouillon
• 4 oz water (or skip bouillon and use 4 oz vegetable broth)
1. Heat oil and butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add leeks cut side down and cook for 3-4 minutes until leeks are golden brown on edges and beginning to char.
2. Using tongs, flip leeks over. Whisk together dijon, veggie bouillon, and water and pour into pan. Turn heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes*.
3. At this point, the liquids will have thickened creating a sauce. Using a spoon, spoon sauce over the leeks and then remove from heat and serve immediately.
*If you would like your leeks more on the soft side, turn heat to low in Step #2 and cover the pan while simmering. This will create softer leeks and a looser sauce.