Fantastic Fall Harvest Terrine
Yield: 10 healthy slices
- 5.50 goat cheese
- 5.50 chive & onion cream cheese
- 4 oz small curd cottage cheese
- 1 oz herbs (mint, parsley, basil, + chives), finely chopped
- 0.80 oz roasted garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz buttermilk
- 0.50 oz green Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 13 oz yellow squash, cut into ¼” slices
- 13 oz zucchini, cut into ¼” slices
- QS radish, chopped
- QS scallions, chopped
- QS parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9″ loaf pan liberally with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mash together goat cheese through cayenne pepper with fork and spatula. I used a fork first to break up the goat cheese and eggs and then switched to a spatula to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Place 8 ounces of cheese mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Layer half of yellow squash and half of zucchini on top of cheese mixture.
- Scoop another 8 ounces cheese mixture on top of squash layer. Spread evenly over squash with offset spatula.
- Layer remaining yellow squash and zucchini on top of cheese mixture.
- Scoop remaining cheese mixture on top of squash layer. Spread evenly over squash with offset spatula.
- Bake for 1-hr, rotating pan 180° halfway through.
- Let cool on wire rack until terrine comes to room temperature. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To remove terrine from pan, slide knife around edges and then invert pan. Heat bottom with a kitchen torch and then tap slightly, terrine should slip out.
- Turn terrine upright on serving dish and top with ample amounts of parsley, radish, + scallions.
Recommended Sides: eggs, bacon, tomato slices, bell pepper slices, toast, hash browns, mimosas, and coffee.
Note: QS means quantity sufficient or in other words, as much or as little as you’d like!