Spicy Tomato Soup
Yield: Approximately 48oz
• 1 orange bell pepper, medium diced
• 8.5 oz onion, medium diced
• 3 Tbsp Sun-Coco Oil
• 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
• 1 tsp red pepper flakes
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 2 Tbsp garlic
• 28 oz can of whole, roasted tomatoes
• 2 oz water
• 2 Tbsp sugar
• 1.5 oz parsley (including stems)
• 4 oz butter
• 8 oz heavy cream
• QS parsley, chopped
1. Add diced bell pepper, onion, and oil to a 2.5QT saucepan, add a pinch of salt, and begin to sweat onions over medium heat.
2. Once onions start to become translucent in color, add Italian Seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, dried basil, and garlic. Continue to sauté mixture over medium heat for another 2-3 minutes. The mixture should become quite fragrant and your veggies will start to turn a light golden brown. At this point, remove from heat.
3. Add can of whole tomatoes to Vitamix. Add about 2 oz of water to can and swirl around to get all the leftover tomato juices from the edges of the can and then pour into the Vitamix.
4. Add sautéed veggie mixture to Vitamix followed by sugar and parsley. Start on a low variable speed and slowly increase speed. Continue to blend until mixture is smooth.
5. Pour mixture back into saucepan and place back on stove over medium-low heat.
6. Once mixture starts to lightly boil add butter and heavy cream. Stir soup until butter if fully melted and thoroughly incorporated. Taste test at this point and adjust however you see fit!
7. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm with Ultimate Green Grilled Cheese sandwiches 🙂