Feta + Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Yeld: Approximately 60 oz
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa
• 2.30 oz red onion, finely diced
• 1 Tbsp minced garlic
• 2 oz lime juice
• 1 oz olive oil
• 1 tsp cumin
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp honey
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
• 6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
• 0.35 oz (½ cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 orange bell pepper, medium diced
• 1 avocado
1. Cook quinoa according to package. Once cooked, remove from heat and let cool.
2. Combine red onion, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper, and honey in a large bowl; whisk together thoroughly. Taste test and season more if desired.
3. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, feta, cilantro, bell pepper, and cooled quinoa. Fold to combine.
4. Top with slices of avocado, either on each portion or on the salad as a whole.
5. Serve with Cilantro-Lime Dressing on the side and remember to savor every fantastically fresh, crunchy, slightly spicy, and a little bit salty bite!