Extreme Green Salad
Yield: 12 – 4 oz servings
• 3 oz fresh lemon juice
• 3 oz Dijon mustard
• 1.50 oz shallots
• 4 garlic cloves
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• ½ tsp thyme
• 6 oz olive oil
• 8 oz Brussels sprouts, cut in half
• 8 oz broccoli, small diced
• 4 oz kale, thinly sliced
• 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and washed
• 1 pomegranate (approximately 8 ounces seeds)
• 5 oz hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
1. Place all dressing ingredients in food processor and mix on high to combine. Transfer dressing to airtight container and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld. The next day, taste test and season
more if you see fit.
2. Using food processor, finely shred Brussels sprout halves. Place shredded Brussels sprouts in medium bowl.
3. Add broccoli, kale, chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, and hazelnuts to Brussels sprouts. Fold to combine.
4. Dress salad 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Not all dressing is needed – use as little or as much as you want! Leftover dressing can be used for sandwiches, other salads, on fried eggs, or as a dip for veggies.