Chunky Greek Salad
Yield: approximately 12 – 4oz servings (I dare you try eating only 4 oz!!)
- 1 cucumber, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size chunks
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4.5 oz red onion, finely diced
- 1 – 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 4.25 oz kalamata olives, whole or chopped (personal preference here)
- 8 oz pepperoncinis, roughly chopped
- 6 oz feta (optional)
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 4 oz olive oil
- 2.50 oz shallot, minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced (see note on dry herbs below for substitution)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, roll up leaves + julienne cut (cut into stripes)
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ salt
1. Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette in a medium size bowl. Taste test, season more if needed.
2. Add all pre-cut veggies, chickpeas, olives, pepperoncinis, and feta to bowl. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. This salad is a perfect meal all by itself but also pairs well with chicken, fish, + burgers, is the perfect dish to bring to a potluck or BBQ, and is really fantastic served over rice.
Note: If using dry herbs rather than fresh, simply use less. Let the vinaigrette sit for 30 minutes or so to set the flavors and then taste test; add more dry herbs if needed. Here is Martha Stewart’s guide to Ratio of Fresh Herbs to Dry Herbs.