Grilled Flank Steak
Yield: Approximately 1# (depends on how big of a steak you buy!)
None of the top 8 major allergens 🙌
- 1 pound flank steak (I love to go to my local butcher for the best local meat)
- The key to grilling a nice n’ juicy flank steak is to do it up hot and fast! Turn grill on high heat as close to 450°F degrees as you can get. Let the grill heat up for about 15 minutes so that it’s fricken’ hot when you go to put the steak on.
- Sear steak for 1 minute on each side.
- After your second sear, turn heat down slightly to finish cooking. Follow cooking chart below to know the right time to remove your steak from the grill.
- Top with RylieCakes Summer Sauce for the perfect finish!
Flank Steak Cooking Temps – remove steak 5° prior to reaching ideal cooking temp. For example, I removed my flank steak at 130°F in order to achieve a medium-rare steak.
- Rare: 125°F
- Medium Rare: 135°F
- Medium: 145°F
- Medium Well: 155°F
- Well Done: 165°F