Dark Chocolate Almond Roca Cookies
Yield: 20 big-big cookies
- 8 oz butter, divided
- 7.50 oz Cake Mix
- 7 oz Roux Mix
- 1¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 10.50 oz brown sugar
- 2 oz sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 0.50 oz cream cheese
- 7 oz Almond Roca, chopped
- 7 oz dark chocolate chips
- QS sea salt flakes
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line half-sheet pans with silicon baking mats.
- Brown Butter: Cut 4 ounces butter into grape-sized cubes. Place cubes in small saucepan over medium heat. Let butter melt and begin to bubble. To ensure butter is cooking evenly, rotate pan or tilt slightly to swirl butter around – do not stir. After a few minutes, bubbles will begin to fade and butter will change color. Watch closely at this point as it browns quickly from here. Butter is browned when it is dark golden in color and smells nutty.
- Once browned, immediately remove from heat and pour into bowl of stand mixer. Place bowl in refrigerator for a few hours until butter has solidified to match texture of room temperature butter.
- While butter is chilling, whisk together Cake Mix, Roux Mix, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- When brown butter is ready, add remaining 4 ounces butter (room temperature if possible) to it and beat with paddle attachment on medium-high speed until completely smooth and no lumps exist.
- Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy, approximately doubled in size.
- Add egg and egg yolks one at a time on low, beating shortly after each addition. Add vanilla bean paste and cream cheese with last egg.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until combined. Using spatula, scrape bottom and sides of bowl.
- Add chopped Almond Roca and dark chocolate chips, mix until just combined. Chill dough for 1-hour.
- Using blue scoop, portion dough onto prepared pans — 1 scoop per cookie, 5 cookies per pan. If you don’t have a scoop, no worries! Just create 20 even-enough cookie dough balls. Slightly flatten cookies with palm of hand. Bake for 18 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- As soon as you remove cookies from oven, sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely…or just start eating!