Chocolatey Toasted Hazelnut Tart
Yield: 1 14-by-4.50-inch rectangular tart pan plus 3 4-inch circular tarts OR 8 4-inch circular tart pans
- 3.50 oz sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cake Mix (or Roux Mix)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6.50 oz hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 8 oz light corn syrup
- 1 oz butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Saigon cinnamon
- 4 oz chocolate chips, melted
- QS toasted and chopped hazelnuts
Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Roll out pie dough and line tart pans of choice. If you choose to do 8 4-inch circular tarts, you will need a second pie dough as one pie dough will fill only 6 mini tart pans. Refrigerate dough until hard to touch, this will help it hold its shape while baking.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and Cake Mix by hand with a whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients and fold together with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie crust and bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is beautifully golden brown. If baking mini tarts, bake 20-30 minutes instead.
- Let tart(s) cool to room temperature before removing from pan.
- To finish tart(s), drizzle melted chocolate over the top(s) in a zigzag fashion. Sprinkle toasted hazelnuts over tart(s). Toppings are totally optional – the tart(s) are beautiful enough without them!