Creamy Dijon Chicken Quiche
Yield: 8 delicious slices
- 1 RylieCakes Pie Dough
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed & finely chopped
- 2 oz chicken broth
- 8 oz rotisserie chicken
- 7 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz milk
- 2.25 oz sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 yolks
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Roux Mix (or Biscuit Mix)
- QS Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan with olive oil. Sauté onion and garlic in pan until onions are tender and translucent. Garlic should be a light golden brown.
- Add thyme and jalapenos; continue to sauté until onions start to brown slightly.
- Add chicken broth and then turn heat to low, cook until broth has cooked into onions.
- Remove from heat and add rotisserie chicken and cheddar cheese to onion mixture. Stir to combine.
- Whisk heavy cream, milk, sour cream, eggs, yolks, mustard, and Roux Mix together until fully combined.
- Add chicken mixture into par baked pie crust. Pour egg mixture over chicken mixture. Stir with a fork to ensure that the chicken mixture does not settle to the bottom.
- Bake quiche for 25 minutes. Take out and sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese. Place back in oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Once set, remove from oven, and let cool before cutting and serving.
*Note: Quiches can be finicky and take 10-15 minutes longer to bake sometimes. Be patient and make sure your eggs are set – they no longer wiggle – before removing from oven.
**We aired this quiche on Q13 news December 2019 – we had too much fun with Ellen Tailor + loved getting to share our gluten free goodies!