Game Changing Vanilla Cake
Yield: one 3-layer 6” cake or 18 cupcakes
• 12 oz RylieCakes Cake Mix
• 1½ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• 4 oz butter, softened
• 9.30 oz sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1½ tsp vanilla extract
• 8 oz buttermilk
Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat three 6-inch round cake pans evenly with cooking spray and line with parchment*.
1. Sift Cake Mix, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. In stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until until light and fluffy, approximately doubled in size.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add vanilla extract with last egg.
4. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk in three steps to creamed butter (dry ingredients, buttermilk, dry ingredients), beating on medium-low for 30 seconds after each addition.
5. Portion batter evenly into prepared cake pans, approximately 12 ounces per pan.
6. Bake for 28 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Cakes are done when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean; few clinging cake crumbs are okay.
7. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
*If baking cupcakes instead, place 18 cupcake liners into two standard 12-cup muffin pans. Using blue scoop, fill all 14 liners with one scoop of batter each. Bake for 18 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Note: Try adding rainbow sprinkles, lemon or almond extract, or a handful of fresh berries to batter for an easy, fun spin on vanilla cake!