Vegan Biscuits (…they’re the best ever!)
Yield: 11 scrumptious biscuits
- 10 oz almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 16 oz Biscuit Mix
- 2 oz cold vegan butter, cubed (I used Earth Balance)
- 2.25 oz cold vegan cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 oz melted vegan butter for pan & brushing tops of biscuits
- QS cheddar cheese (optional for topping biscuits)
Preheat oven to 375F. Place half sheet pan (cookie sheet) in oven to warm.
- Combine almond milk and lemon juice in a 16-ounce liquid measuring cup. Stir to combine and let sit for 10 minutes – this will act as your buttermilk.
- Measure Biscuit Mix into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add cubed butter to Biscuit Mix and hand mix until butter is in pea size pieces. Then crumble cold cream cheese over mixture and combine until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Combine apple cider vinegar and baking soda in a (very) small bowl. Add mixture to wet ingredients from step #1 and whisk together.
- Create a well in dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into it. Fold mixture with a spatula until just combined. Again, do not over mix.
- Remove hot pan from oven and brush with melted vegan butter.
- Using blue scoop (about 1/3 cup), scoop biscuits on to pan; batch should make 11 biscuits. Brush the top of the biscuits with melted vegan butter and then top with cheddar cheese if you please. It is okay to press down slightly on biscuits to make the cheese stick.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
P.s. These biscuits are great with gravy and scrumptious with jam! Sweet or savory, they’ll hit the spot 🙂