Sage Sausage Gravy
• 16 oz Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
• 1.50 oz butter
• 4 Tbsp Roux Mix
• 24 oz whole milk
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 2 tsp dried sage
1. Place sausage in a deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Break up sausage while cooking so that it is in bite-size chunks and evenly browned. Remove sausage from pan with slotted spoon and place in a small bowl. Keep drippings in pan.
2. Add butter to drippings and stir over medium heat until melted.
3. Add Roux Mix to pan, whisking together with butter mixture. Cook until light brown and slightly thickened.
4. Gradually whisk in milk and cook until gravy has thickened. This takes about 10 minutes. It is better to thicken the gravy slowly over low heat than to do so quickly over high heat. Once thickened, add salt, pepper, and sage.
5. Add in cooked sausage and simmer on low for 15 minutes*. If gravy starts to boil at all, turn off heat. Test taste before serving.
*If gravy becomes too thick, you can always add a little more milk.