Pumpkin Sugar Crumb Muffins
Yield: 12 large + in charge muffins
- 3 oz butter, melted
- 3.40 oz Cake Mix
- 1.75 oz sugar
- 1.75 oz golden brown sugar
- 7.75 oz Cake Mix
- 2 tsp saigon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (1 tsp for lighter flavor, 2 tsp for all the fall flavor!)
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 oz sugar
- 3.50 oz brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz canola oil
- 2 oz buttermilk
- 2 oz pecans, toasted + roughly chopped
- 3.25 oz powdered sugar
- 0.50 maple syrup
- 0.50 heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for crumb topping and stir with a fork until crumbly, just barely combined. Place in refrigerator while making batter.
In medium mixing bowl, whisk together Cake Mix, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
In another medium mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, both sugars, eggs, canola oil, and buttermilk until thoroughly combined
Add wet ingredients to dry and fold until just incorporated.
Add toasted + chopped pecans, fold until combined.
- Portion batter evenly into prepared liners; an ivory scoop works perfect here.
- Remove crumb topping from refrigerator and portion evenly over all muffins. Press down slightly into batter.
Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425°F then, keeping the oven closed, reduce temperature to 350°F. Bake for another 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan while preparing drizzle.
- In a small bowl, using a hand whisk or fork, combine all ingredients for drizzle. If it’s too thick, add a little more heavy cream (or milk). If it’s too runny, add a little extra powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle all over muffins! I had a little leftover but if you make 16 standard muffins it should be the perfect amount.
- Enjoy ☺️
Note: To toast pecans, simply place on a half sheet pan lined with parchment or a silpat. Bake at 425°F for 3-5 minutes until golden + toasty! They’ll smell super nutty at this point too.