Fantastic Fall Harvest Terrine
Yield: 10 healthy slices
• 5.50 goat cheese
• 5.50 chive & onion cream cheese
• 4 oz small curd cottage cheese
• 1 oz herbs (mint, parsley, basil, + chives), finely chopped
• 0.80 oz roasted garlic cloves, minced
• 2 eggs
• 2 oz buttermilk
• 0.50 oz green Tabasco sauce
• 1 tsp pepper
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
• 13 oz yellow squash, cut into ¼” slices
• 13 oz zucchini, cut into ¼” slices
• QS parsley, chopped
• QS radish, chopped
• QS scallions, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9″ loaf pan liberally with cooking spray.
1. In medium bowl, mash together goat cheese through cayenne pepper with fork and spatula. I used a fork first to break up the goat cheese and eggs and then switched to a spatula to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
2. Place 8oz of cheese mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
3. Layer half of yellow squash and half of zucchini on top of cheese mixture.
4. Scoop another 8oz cheese mixture on top of squash layer. Spread evenly over squash with offset spatula.
5. Layer remaining yellow squash and zucchini on top of cheese mixture.
6. Scoop remaining cheese mixture on top of squash layer. Spread evenly over squash with offset spatula.
7. Bake for 1-hr, rotating pan 180° halfway through.
8. Let cool on wire rack until terrine comes to room temperature. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
9. To remove terrine from pan, slide knife around edges and then invert pan. Heat bottom with a kitchen torch and then tap slightly, terrine should slip out.
10. Turn terrine upright on serving dish and top with ample amounts of parsley, radish, and scallions.
Recommended Sides: eggs, bacon, tomato slices, bell pepper slices, toast, hash browns, mimosas, and coffee.