Yield: Approximately 8 servings, 2 tacos per serving
• 4 oz chorizo
• 4 oz bacon
• 8 eggs
• 2 oz whole milk
• ¼ tsp pepper
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 dashes green Tabasco
• 16 corn taco shells
• QS fresh pico de gallo
• QS Tillamook sharp white cheddar
• QS green onions
1*. Cook chorizo in a medium saucepan until done. Once done, remove from pan and set aside. Drain grease and begin to cook bacon.
2. Cut bacon into ¼” pieces and cook until crisp (or until desired texture is reached). Remove from pan with slotted spoon and add to chorizo bowl. Drain majority of leftover bacon grease, leaving about a tablespoon in the pan.
3. Whisk together eggs, whole milk, pepper, salt, and green Tabasco. Set aside while preparing toppings.
4. Grate cheddar and set aside in a small bowl.
5. Dice green onions and set aside in another small bowl.
6. Cook eggs in medium saucepan from step #2 until light and fluffy. Then stir in chorizo and bacon, remove pan from heat, and leave eggs in pan. If possible, begin warming tortillas while eggs are cooking.
7. To cook tortillas, you can warm them up in the microwave, fry them in a lightly oiled heavy skillet, or heat them on a griddle coated with cooking spray.
8. To assemble, liberally apply Cilantro-Lime Dressing to corn tortillas, top with scrambled eggs mixture, and then spoon pico de gallo over eggs and finally, sprinkle white cheddar and green onions over top.
9. Seriously enjoy now and later – anything leftover, well, makes great leftovers!
*If making Cilantro Lime Dressing to go with tacos, make first and place in the refrigerator to set.