Cheesy Garlic Tortelloni
Yield: 5 filling servings (probably could feed 6 if you’re not greedy like me…)
• 18 oz Taste Republic Cheese Tortelloni (or any other fresh pasta or veggies)
• 1 oz butter
• 1 oz olive oil
• 4.50 oz minced garlic
• 5.25 oz sweet onion, medium diced
• 16 oz heavy cream
• 8 oz broth
• 5 oz asiago cheese
• 2 oz gouda
• QS salt
• QS pepper
• QS fresh parsley
1. Cook tortelloni according to package. I cooked mine 1 minute less than recommended to ensure it was al dente; this way it would not get mushy when combined with cheese sauce. Drain pasta when done and set aside until ready to use.
2. While pasta is cooking, make cheese sauce!! First, add butter, oil, garlic, and onion to a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Saute until onions are all translucent and some are starting to turn golden brown.
3. Pour in heavy cream and broth of your choice and bring entire mixture to a boil.
4. Stir in cheeses and then turn heat down to medium. Continue stirring until cheese has melted. Mixture will still be bubbling around the edges.
5. Add cooked tortelloni to cheese sauce and stir over medium-low heat until sauce is the consistency you would like it. It is okay if the sauce seems thinner than a roux, it should be. First off, it has no flour and secondly, it will thicken as it begins to cool. See, I got your back!
6. Serve up cheesy tortelloni, top with fresh parsley, greens, tomatoes, or even meat if you desire, curl up on the couch, and let your soul bath in that luscious cheese sauce.