Buffalo + Bleu Mac n’ Cheese
Yield: 4 super hearty servings
• 10 oz elbow macaroni
• QS salt
• 2 oz butter
• 8 oz sweet onion, diced
• 1 oz tapioca starch
• 20 oz whole milk
• 3 oz Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce
• 4 oz Tillamook Cheddar, grated
• 2.5 oz Boursin Shallot & Chive
• 4 oz Tillamook Sharp White Cheddar, grated
• 4.25 oz blue cheese dressing
• 1¼ tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp salt
• ¼ to ½ tsp cinnamon
• QS Cayenne pepper
• 8 oz Sweet Chili Chips, crushed
• 2 oz butter
• 1 Tbsp minced garlic
• QS green onions
• 3 oz blue cheese, medium diced
Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat four 16oz individual ramekins with cooking spray.
1. Bring 1.5 QTs of water to a boil in a large saucepan, add salt to water until it tastes like the sea! Once boiling, add elbows and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Elbows should be al dente when done. Strain pasta and set aside. Save 1 to 2 cups of the pasta water for later use (if necessary).
5. Add 2 oz of butter to a large stockpot with sweet onions.
6. Then add flour to pan with butter and cook over low heat for approximately two minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Once mixture is thoroughly combined and starts to brown, slowly whisk in the milk. Cook for another three to four minutes until mixture is thickened and smooth.
7. Once thickened, add cheese mixture to pan stirring with a wooden spoon. Continue to stir over low heat until all cheese is incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat.
8. Pour a little bit of the pasta water over the elbows to loosen it up. Then, add elbows, bacon, and broccoli to the large saucepan and stir to combine.
9. Portion Mac n’ Cheese into four prepared ramekins. Set aside while assembly bread crumb topping.
10. To create breadcrumb topping, combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle evenly over all four portions of Mac n’ Cheese.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.